Chocolate Balsamic Truffles
Adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis’ recipe, these are so easy to make and so delicious. They are the richest tasting truffles I have ever had hands down. The secret is using our 12 year aged balsamic vinegar and Ghirardelli chocolate. The balsamic together with the chocolate delivers a depth in flavor unlike other chocolate truffles. Trust me, if you use anything less than our 12 year aged balsamic and high quality chocolate you will not get the same effect.
Makes about 25 truffles
***Roll them in anything : ground nuts (almonds, hazelnuts or pistachios are my favorites), cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar or even coconut.
- 1 3/4 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of 12 year aged balsamic vinegar
- In a heavy medium saucepan slowly heat the heavy cream, do not boil. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add in the balsamic vinegar.
- Let get to room temperature then scoop melted chocolate mixture into a plastic bowl and put into the refrigerator for about 15 or 20 minutes to cool enough to firm up the chocolate that it can be rolled.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon roll balls and with each one immediately roll in your choice of coverings.
- Store in an airtight container with a layer of waxed paper. They do not need to be refrigerated if you plan to eat them in a week. Otherwise refrigerate and bring to room temperature before eating.