Pear Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Gorgonzola
Try this with sliced grilled chicken breast for a healthy and delicious main dish.
- Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, any of our ItalianEVOOs is perfect
- 1 bag of Salad Mix
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored , quartered and sliced width wise
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- Fresh crispy bacon bits (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Toast the walnuts in a toaster oven or regular oven at 400—line a baking pan with the walnuts and place into the preheated oven. Turn them every now and then. They should be nicely toasted after about 10 minutes. (Be careful not to burn them.) Cool completely before adding to the salad.
In the bottom of a salad bowl whisk together the EVOO , Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, sea salt and pepper to form a temporary emulsion. Toss in the pears, then the lettuce coating well. (If you are adding sliced chicken breast toss the slices first in the dressing, then the pears and lettuce)
Plate the salad individually and sprinkle with gorgonzola, walnuts, and bacon bits.