Arugula and Watermelon Radish Salad
My friend Ken Schuler makes a small farm on his 3 acres in Jupiter Florida. His watermelon radishes give this salad a burst of color and a slight zing. If you cannot find them the regular ones will do.
This secret to this salad is the mint and feta combined with the orange EVOO and vinegar. We suggest sliced avocados on the side.
- 6 oz arugula or 2 bunches
- 1 hand full of fresh mint
- 1 large watermelon radish or 6 small regular radishes sliced
- 6 oz of sheep's milk feta cheese (Vigo brand from the supermarket is widely available and decent)
- 2 heirloom tomatoes sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons orange EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Florida Orange Balsamic
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
Wash arugula and mint and pat dry slightly. Tear and toss into a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and radishes and toss lightly. Crumb in the feta. Toss again lightly. Drizzle in the orange EVOO, toss.
Plate the salad individually with a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper on top of each plate.